Thursday, June 22, 2006

Getting started....

All my life, I have been quite afraid of commitment. During my teenage years; I also remember making comments like “I will never get married” & arguing over it with my dad. What changed my beliefs; is a story which needs to be told!

I grew up in a very liberal family & I was always very independent in my outlook & approach. However, whenever I saw people, families, and movies I thought when one is in a marriage (which to me at that time was a final destination in everybody’s life), one looses freedom. I never thought so because I was influenced by those melodramatic movies or was afraid of having a typical Indian husband, but just the idea of being in a relation & revolving my entire life around him seemed like a scary idea! It was not the fear of responsibility, but it was a fear of commitment. However, time has made me realize, when life brings you in front of the right person, all fears disappear & within seconds you know you were afraid of commitment for no reason at all!

Sanjay & I knew each other for almost 3 years before we got married. By nature, I was dead scared to commit him. One thing gave me the courage though; he has this inherent quality in him to make things look simpler! For the logical person that I am, I thought, he can make my life simple too! Marrying sanjay has made me realize that one can be committed for life & still have all the freedom in the world. Freedom is always accompanied by responsibilities & sanjay has made me realize mine! Not that I was irresponsible before, but it was him who made me realize that life can be beautiful with responsibilities & bondage. Today I feel like responsibilities help us learn how to handle life better! My brother once asked me why do people get married & I told him that I got married to have someone by me to witness my life!

6 comments:

Sanju Baba said...

Excellent start Vaidehi.Whoever adulates me gets big bucks. This week a shopping spree for Vaidehi.
Anyway, I think Vaidehi has hit the bull's eye. Many a times we are reluctant to start a relationship due to 4 factors:
1. Fear to commit
2. Not the right person (marriage material, appearance, etc)
3. Feeling that I can get a better person(in terms of money, status, NRI, etc)
4. Other priorities (abhi umar nahin hain pyaar ki...career bana raha hoon)
I think the best sentence in the blog was the last one. Yesterday while returning from San Diego I saw old couples 70+ holding hands and playing cards at the airport. That emotion was MAGIC. Keeping romance alive even after decades. Vaidehi keep writing & praising me.

Kiran said...

Good Start of a Good Blog from a Good Friend with a Good Partner...

Koi to tuze samaza saka...
Sanju Baba, hats off to u!!!

Sumeet said...

Good blog Vaidehi. Can't help but wonder how will it be to get a hands-on experience in the field of tie-ups and commitments ;)
Now that you have got started...keep writing!

A G said...

aah ... first up, welcome to the blogosphere ... the place where we mortals pour out our hearts and minds in the hope that someone, somewhere, while sifting through the humongous amount of electrical and magnetic signals that make up this huge cyberspace will find patterns that match their own experience in this extraordinary journey called life that they are on through the baffling, mind-boggling dimensions of what we call space-time


secondly, nice post ... look forward to more from you ...

Anonymous said...

So u started with the blog mania too......
good post but I am still baffled by the volumes of blogging ppl do!
But I think its a good way to put forth ur feelings. I think I am confusing myself now:). Hope to post my comments sometime on other blogs of urs

Vaidehi Dongre said...

gosh, mr/ms anonymous, will u let me know who r :)??