Friday, December 22, 2006

Mai bhi Madhuri Dixit banana chahti thi

Maneuvering through growing up years; Madhuri Dixit was one female I was always awed by (like arati is still awed by sugandha kapoor!). I had to watch her every move more than ek do teen times. It was something about her that always intrigued me & still does; of course like millions others. I know I have a better dressing sense than she has had (critics; I am gutsy enough to be honest, if not modest & u can be my guest), but I always liked her hairdo. I tell sanjay all the time that I have always wanted to have a hairstyle like hers. Sanjay’s comment on this “gal, what went wrong then?” Me having two left feet also made it impossible for me to master her dance moves. Finally, I gave up.
On a broader note, why was this need within me to be like somebody else? I have seen myself growing internally & from the exterior while I was trying to be comfortable with different masks. Does everybody go through this phase? Or is this what they call discovering oneself? Ironically I always thought; once we get comfortable in our own skin, it should be easy to find oneself. Or may be being comfortable with oneself is the leap toward self-revelation. Once I read somewhere, “every person who is comfortable in his own skin is beautiful”. These days I have started being comfortable in my own skin for sure, by which I don’t imply I am beautiful! (Guys ask me to be their sister all the time on orkut). This was not a defense but rather an offense. I am extremely comfortable at this face off though!
P.S: This post deserves rave reviews considering the amount of fun I have poked at myself.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

yes .. its very true that u are beautiful whn u r comfortable with ur skin .. rather whn u know what you are and dont bother for what people say n think .
i guess everyone in his life go thorugh this phase of getting fasinated by some or da other glittering stars of REEL life !!
But what is importand at the end of the day is to identify oneself in this dense haze of life.
I still see people around me who i think wear number of masks..and loose their orginality . Wearing mask to be like someone is like carrying a burden or extra luggage which is not yours anyways. haha ... n m happy to say that i realized it long back n waz happy to discover myself !!
Note : for the people who r still confused and dont knw whether they have recognized their own color....according to me its the time whn You start loving yourself for what you are orignally and unriveled with n e one....You knwo u have discoverd yuor color !!!
cheers !!!!!

Anonymous said...

I loved the way Madhuri danced. I think she is the best Indian dancing actress. I hated her otherwise, her laughter and big teeth were irritating. I wanted be Sachin Tendulkar while growing up.

Sumeet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sumeet said...

See that's where you could not figure guys out completely! Asking you to be their sister is a big shadyantra...
Jokes apart..Nice blog...I guess being comfortable in your own skin is like being content with what you've got in life. The more you get, the higher you aim for!
Btw you sure u wanted to be madhuri dixit n not rani mukherji? Ah I get it now ...Once u became madhuri dixit you would've aimed higher and be Rani. Right? lol

Vaidehi Dongre said...

@sumeet, rani is good, but madhuri is better! sorry dude that's the best i cud do.
@abhay, sachin is a good ideal, i alwaysthought he is very hunble :)
@ashwini, u r right girlie!

A G said...

hehe ... this post is worth commenting on for various reasons

lemme emunerate

- yes, i agree that beauty is in one's own mind - if u r at peace with who u r, the face glows in a diff way altogether

- madhuri dixit banana sounds like a genetically modified banana species :D


- i know couples (married, dating, etc) where the girls tied rakhis to the guys once ... the guys on orkut might be taking a diff route to wooing u

- i always thought u were kinda cute ... in a diff way ... not the usual sugandha, arati way but in ur own way ... so ... go girl!

Unknown said...

i totally concur widya...
just a few days ago, i tried to change myself to impress someone...hmmm...wrong usage of words..i wont say "impress" but yeah i tried to sound/act/behave differently frm wat i am...n beleive me those few days were the most horrible in life... my self confidence shattered....i felt so un-beautiful *i know dats not a word* .... anyhow...m back to me...my own true self... ur true self is always revealed no matter how hard u try to conceal it....

ur blogs give me good food for thought and today finally did sth i hv always hated to... write stuff over the internet...

honestly, i hv hated madhuri dixit all mah life...lol...

Aditya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aditya said...

Sure, everybody does go through the modelling phase and evolve, i.e. the social learning phase where we try to imitate the heroes in our social circles.
When I was a kid, I always wanted to be Kishor kumar. But things change. I remember, when I was in Delhi preparing for my IAS exams, Sarang dropped a routine call one day in the morning and said,"hows ya mate?". My reply was,"Wow, Um luving it, thanking God every moment for making me what I am!". Trust me, it was spontaneous.
Sarang was freaked, dumbstruck! His next statement was,"Dude, are you on spirits?".
I laughed...

Vaidehi Dongre said...

it's funny ths post brought up what ppl wanted to be; abhay tendukar, addi kishore kumar & surbhi somebody else! well i was kidding when i said i wanted to be madhuri dixit, btu hope yall got the gist!
goyal; certainly that rakhi routine was funny! i am glad i was never a part of such things :)