Friday, June 06, 2008

Baby "Blue"s

The news is out there! We are expecting & I am already in my 21st week of pregnancy. This is a very enthralling phase of life for me & Sanjay. Till now, it was all about us, now there is this never ending list of things to be done for our baby. BTW, it’s a Boy for us. My dad was against me finding out the sex of the baby, but I wanted to do to be prepared either ways, not that it really mattered but my curiosity took over listening to dad (once again!). There are so many things to be planned; his name, his day care, his school, maternity leave et. al. Right from coming up with a baby registry to deciding if we want to have his nursery done or not, there are so many decisions which need to be made. This reminds me of my young days, I mean we were born & raised with love but nobody ever bothered to have a nursery or selecting a theme of furniture for that matter! They say it takes a village to raise a kid, & I don’t want my son to be deprived of anything that a normal childhood boasts of.

This is going to be a huge step in life for me & Sanjay. From October onwards, we will have a permanent third resident in our home & lives forever & may be after that! Wish good luck to me my friends!!! These exclamations are witness to the fact of me being hormonal.

10 comments:

Goli said...

Hey,

Congratulations :)

sure that is great step in life.

Gaurav said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gaurav said...

Here's wishing you guys all the best with all the planning ahead....esepcially the name !! :)

Vaidehi Dongre said...

thanks a lot gaurav & goli!! it is indeed a very important step in life; cannot wait till oct. now :)

Ketki said...

Hi Vaidehi..! Long time huh..! After reading this post,I couldnt stop myself from congratulating you. We started off as silly 18 yr olds and now you are going to be a mother of a beautiful baby..!
Just really happy for you..thought I should let you..
Ketki.

Vaidehi Dongre said...

Thanks a lot for ur wishes ketki!!

Ayaan Kalsekar said...

I'm told it will be the adventure of your life..look forward to comparing notes along the way :-)

Vaidehi Dongre said...

i am with u anu!!

Alistair D'souza said...

wooo hooo....
congratulations !!!!!

Aditya said...

Dude...hearty congrats!!!

Btw I will take some time to catch up with all your blogs :) I have been away for a while now....