Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Dance of democracy 2009

Times of India came up with an apt caption for election 2009 in India, Dance of democracy & what a competetion at that! Can give all the Jhalak's & other dance shows a run for their money. Results came out unpredictable. Analysts have dropped their jaws for that matter! I think all of us should stop underestimating our "junta" who elects a Government. Same was proved in US when Obama made it to presidency. In India it is proved again that BJP doesn;t have a national image or any following as such except beyond some regional exceptions. Also people are tired of Hindu jingoism, ditto ram mandir et. al kinda issues. I mean we want some economic policies, lets talk about some reforms, lets talk about how we will get out or survive this economy! I am personally glad it's Congress again & with majority.
In one of my previous posts I had criticized some things about India & an angry reader left me a comment saying how I have no right to say anything about India since I might never have donated, voted or done anything good for India. Well what i have done or not is not for me to publish in a public blog. But my blog are my opinions, & honestly speaking, do we stop having opinions about our family when we move out of our parent's home? does that mean we are too good for them & don't love them enough? Certainly not!

No comments: