Monday, June 01, 2009

Sense of Femina

Neera Chopra is one lady who must be on the 7th heaven now, and why shouldn't she be? She has well earned this after a lifetime of hardships. Usually I don't care much for the Miss India kinda beauty pageants, but this year Neera Chopra's heart wrenching story caught my attention. Yes she is the proud mother of Femina Miss India 2009 Pooja Chopra. By now I am sure everybody mmust have heard about her past & how she was kicked out of her husband's house because she had another daughter. Well too bad for the monster he doesn't have any claim whatsoever in Miss India's success. Yes this is our society who still discrimates between a boy & a girl. I always thought such stories were a thing of the past & now educated people don't care anymore if they have a girl or a boy. But, my sis-in-law who is a gynaecologist tells me an entirely different story. She had to say that some "good educated people" still feel bad if they don't have a boy. bhai ab kya kahe? kaise samjhaye?
Then we have another "feminist" brigade who think being a strong woman means being able to argue, party late night hours, celebrate woman's/mother's kinda days & wear skimpy clothes! Nope, gal pals! Neera Chopra is my hero, she is the true sense of the word "Femina". Someone who made all of us realize the power a woman can have to fight back for the goodness she believes in! I am sooooo very proud of Pooja Chopra to have kept her calm when the going might have gotten tough. Their story is definitely inspirational for me, I think & should be to all those who at any point of time felt weak because they were women. No girls, nothing to be afraid of, this family has put the words "every dark cloud has a silver lining" into life. Yes, whatever happens is for the best. My heart went out when I read Pooja's interview where she said,"All the girls worked hard, but my edge was my mother's Karma!". I wish you all the success in the world! Amen!!

No comments: