Monday, October 23, 2006

This Diwali...


So finally after much anticipation of how the desi diwali party would be like (sanjay’s anticipation), it was lot of fun last night! I got all dressed up in the dainty saree that my dad bought me when I was in Nagpur some days ago. Well, I always feel like dressing up but for some reason or other (like not knowing how to wear make-up, saree etc) never ever do it up to the mark! Anyway, after a lot of convincing from me, sanjay finally wore his kurta on chudidar instead of his jeans! Now how in the world can I tell him he is not supposed to look like “circuit” on diwali night! We were there at shilpa/subodh’s place right on time & not to our surprise the very first attendees for the evening. These are the times when I get mad at desi people, gosh, when will you all ever come on time? After all it was a Sunday & we all needed to get to bed early for the Monday morning at work. But as always, after I see all the friends, I forget they came late! This party was important, as this was our last diwali in little rock. Also, this was a good venue to see all of the gang together. It was only after I saw all of my local friends together, I had a hard time believing, gosh now that I will never be able to see them all, I am actually moving to Indy! Moving is always a pain, I doubt anybody ever likes to start all over again. Food was delicious at shilpa’s & karaoke was fun too! Sanjay sang a song & I thought it was good, although I didn’t tell him so. I have always had a hard time being the appreciative kind; I think he knows it by now. I am sure going to miss vaibhav, rohan, kunal, tanaya & rhea's smiling faces!
We’ll miss Little Rock for sure! Sanjay will miss his cricket team & me; well just LR in general. Hope Indy is as welcoming!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that you will miss Little Rock and moving is painful but on the other side just see the brighter side of it. You will charge ahead professionally while working for a good company. You will be living in Indy where you always wanted to be. Finally, you can rise above your needs and fulfill your wants like buying a "Mustang" (which you already did). I think this is just the beginning of a more stable life which most of us desire yet are far from it.

Anonymous said...

I love changes. Moving to a new place is always thrilling and exciting for me. I hate packing & unpacking though. And the formalities definitely put me out of my comfort zone.
Indi should be fun; good schools, great people, excellent weather :) You can burn the F1 circuit tracks with your Mustang.

Vaidehi Dongre said...

so abhay finally created a bloggers acnt! thanks for the encouragement!

Anonymous said...

Not really, realized that I can post comments without one. Happy..
keep writing. Wo photo kiska hai?

Vaidehi Dongre said...

that photo is Tanaya's, she is very cute kid..her mom (nina deshpande)is my friend & from nagpur..she is parang dalal's sister who was in VRCE, our 1 batch senior, tronix, met him at this diwali party too...