Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Yun toh saare sukh hai barse…….

On my way to work, I was listening to the Swades song yeh jo des hai tera & the lyrics go like,
Yun toh saare sukh hai barse,
Par door tu hai apne ghar se…..

O my God, can’t explain how nostalgic I got! Down the heart I knew the truth quotient of these words. No matter how much I try to justify it otherwise, I can’t deny how homesick I felt when I saw the Gulmohor tree & the chai wala with his 6 cup holder stand in some desi movie. They say you can have a home away from home, but who are we kidding; can we really?
Some decisions in life are taken weighing the practical gains over emotional, but why is it that the later almost inevitably takes over the former after the goal is achieved?

6 comments:

Goli said...

To me this other song almost always pinches me..."Chitthi Aayi hai"... wonder if you have heard this.

Vaidehi Dongre said...

i have heard the chitthi aayi hai too & was quite fond of it as a kid. these days yeh jo des hai tera touches me like anything :(

Alistair D'souza said...

I read this in reader's digest long time back.... your last line make me think of it ... its a bit off topic with a much wider scope...

it goes something like this.... when you heart tells you something and head tells you otherwise, then before making a decision close your eyes and decide if you have a better head or a better heart... and then make the decision...

Vaidehi Dongre said...

will try ur idea the next time when i get caught in catch 22 situation again.

Anonymous said...

Most of us are always in this phase of denial. We miss India too much but still do not put in a effort to go back. We claim practical reasons, but the fact is that people who are really good go out and it leads to this vicious drain!

Our plans should be for 15-20-40 years from now, based on the today. Unfortunately, we don't see the today, so we base our decisions on the yesterday.

One famous person has said - Success is doing what your heart wants to do, and doing it well...

Cosmic Joy said...

I read this post a few days back, but since the song was new for me, I did not connect with it. But the other day, I heard it being sung by someone on SaReGaMa, and the true significance of what you were saying struck home.

I totally agree with your views on this post .. it always comes down to our practical minds and our emotional hearts.