Saturday, March 24, 2007

Pet name saga

When I was a kid, I thought giving me a pet name was the silliest thing my parents did to me. I mean hello, I had such a unique name but hardly anybody in the family knew about it! Just 3 years ago I met Balaji, a good old neighbor in New York & he introduced me to his wife by my pet name, I could not believe myself but I felt special. In retrospect, I think pet name reminds me of the time when life wasn’t so formal, serious or complicated for that matter, when nobody knew about ipods or blogging. Pet name also makes a point that you are not the same person to everybody. Today I am glad I have a pet name & when somebody calls me by it, I know that person is from inner family circle or reminiscent of childhood days. I regret the fact that I didn’t let my brother have one, because at that time I thought it was very silly to have pet names.

3 comments:

Goli said...

Hehehe... God, hardly anyone has ever called me by Rajesh. Mostly it has always been GOLI.... but in my case i prefer Goli to Rajesh. :D

Sumeet said...

What about the pet name jo Mrs. Thakur banne ke baad mila hai?
Bata doon sabko ...bata dun?
lol

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.